iPod connect cable volume

Does anyone know if there's a way to set seperate volume levels for the iPod and voice instructions? I find the levels are way off, with the voice navigation being significantly louder.

It looks like the volume control under the iPod menu is linked to the main volume.

I set my 510 up to route only the music through the main speakers, running the navigation through the internal speaker. However, becuase the volume was linked (and it's necessary to set the volume at 100% to get the best iPod signal), when it was time for a turn the voice started yelling at me at 100% volume through the internal speaker. Unless TomTom makes a Gilbert Gottfried navigation voice, that volume level is just too much.

Then i routed both iPod and directions through the radio (which i currently have running through an FM modulator that plus into my lighter. Not an ideal solution, but it works right now). First off, I was surprised at the quality of the voice (using Mandy/US) when run though better speakers.

However, the voice directions are still significantly louder. I did write to TomTom and suggest that for future software updates, they provide a feature to individually adjust iPod and direction volumes. i'll post a follow-up as soon as I hear from them.

Bump.

Has anyone seen a solution to this issue? I'm experiencing the same problem... with the music (and phone) routed through the speakers of my car, the volume has to be cranked to 100%, but as such, when the nav voice comes up over the speakers, it's 50% louder, blowing my ears out and making me jump out of my seat each time a direction is spoken.

If I recall my tt is set up to deliver travel directions through its internal speaker and then ipod through the car stereo. That gives me a little control. Might be an option.

It's definately an option, but if you have the volume up to 100% (which you have to do to get the music to sound anywhere near halfway decent), the internal speaker sounds as if it's going to crackle and explode ;)

If I recall my tt is set up to deliver travel directions through its internal speaker and then ipod through the car stereo. That gives me a little control. Might be an option.

Tried that one, the problem is that the volume needs to be @ 100% for the music to be heard. As a result, the directions come through the internal speaker at 100% volume, which is frightening.

Ask a Question