iPOD cable - are ther different versions

We are trying to get an iPOD cable for a Go 710. Our local Fry's has a TomTom iPOD cable which is compatible with the 510, 710, 910. The sales person says it is not compatible with the 720 - is this right? Or is there only one iPOD cable which works with the 510, 910, 520, 710, 920.

Thanks

I just purchased an iPod Connect Cable & Audio Cable for a TomTom GO 720. I ordered it from the Dell site. The website stated it was for 510, 710, 720, 910, etc. The package I recieved only showed TomTom Go models 510 - 710 - 910 on the package. I hooked it up to an iPod and it worked. The cable(s) was packaged by TomTom.

I do not know if any others will work, but this one did.

I too am able to use a 720 with an iPod cable said to support 510, 710, and 910.

Here's another iPod question: Has anyone tried to use the iPod interface with an iPhone or iPod touch? The support site doesn't say they are supported, but it doesn't say they aren't either. Has anyone had any luck with this?

at our store, most of product that were made before the new ipod version (Nano 3rd gen, classic and itouch) are not compatible. ex. Fm transmitter that, photo transfer, video transfer ect.. tons of aftermarket product are not compatible anymore with the new ipod firmware... so i guess they might be the case with the TT cable.. i guess the guy at the store tried a new ipod on a 720 and it wasnt working...

There should be only one type of iPod Cable for all x10 and x20 units.
Compatible with the following iPod products: iPod mini, iPod photo, iPod nano, iPod video, iPod 3rd generation and iPod 4th generation.

Ask a Question