Iphone5 voices

TomTom Model(s)
Start60
Would be good if it was possible to have more voices on the TomTom for iPhone or be able to transfer ones I have already got on my start60.
Have tried every other sat navigation for iPhone but best I find is the TomTom one for accuracy. Never let me down yet.

I don't have the iPhone App. but I just had a look at the maual for it and it appears the app can use both recorded voices and TTS voices just like any other TomTom, and there is a method to download new voices of both types directly from the menus (see the manual page 22-23)
Do you get that "Download" button? And what are you offered when you select it?

If you want to use your existing voices or other third party ones, then the question is whether you can get them onto the unit in any ways other than their "download" method. That MIGHT need a jail-broken iPhone, other members may have more experience of that than me....

I have the Android and have used the tomtom app for the iphone.
The only way you can put your own voices on them is that you have to change the number of a pre installed one, and then use that as your own.
I use ken (aus) for my silent voice so that the camera alerts all sound but the navigation wont, so you can turn it on and off as you like.
Any problems ask here

Ask a Question