iphone freezes and map Black and white

loaded Tomtom app Western Europe on G3s -
1) the tomtom map is stuck in black and white
2) the iPhone freezes when connected to Car Kit and only returns to life when disconnected

1) the tomtom map is stuck in black and white
2) the iPhone freezes when connected to Car Kit and only returns to life when disconnected

Hey - i'm currently doing some work with TomTom and if you're still experiencing these problems I found this on the TomTom website:
"If your iPhone freezes or an app doesn?t respond, try restarting your iPhone:
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Slide to power off appears. Then slide the slider to turn off your iPhone.
If your iPhone is still not responding reset your iPhone:
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button (on top of the iPhone) and the Home button (below the screen) at the same time for at least 10 seconds."

If you have already done this and are still experiencing problems you can contact TomTom customer support at 866 486 6866 or through this page.

solution not yet found

yep -

I've restarted the iphone by pressing power and home simultaniously
deleted the app from iphone and macbook and reloaded -
reset the iphone to factory default -

phone still freezes when docked to tomtom car kit
so did my partners iphone
so did the sales guy at the apple store

they replaced the car kit and when I got home, not only does the iphone not recognise the car kit via bluetooth but as soon as i dock the phone, it freezes,

so does my partners iphone and I bet the sales guy at the apple store will have the same prob

may be get rid of the ?99 Tomtom Car Kit and get a ?20 car holder from eBay?

HELP!!!

Have you got any other Bluetooth audio kit in the car or the house (if still in range) that could be grabbing the iPhones BT connection prior to it finding the Car Kit? - I have had trouble in my car in a similar way as I have three different Bluetooth audeo systems all fighting to grab the first sign of a device wanting an A2DP connection - Mike

all sorted - many thanks

nobody at Tomtom or Apple knew that

1) the map is black and white when no GPS is available

2) untill you have GPS the unit freezes the iPhone

I was setting up the unit indoors with mains/car ciggy adaptor and no GPS so was unable to set up the unit untill I got into my car

problem solved

thanks for the help and replies

xx

Ask a Question