iPhone Bluetooth GO 730

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
Hello all,

First of all I wanted to thank many of you for some very valuable posts that have helped me keep my sanity while setting up my new GO 730 (love having a birthday near Black Friday). I specifically chose the 730 since it had an line out jack that I can connect directly to my Honda factory radio. My plan is to connect my TomTom to the radio, then pair my iPhone 3GS via Bluetooth to the 730 and play calls and iPod music through the TomTom into my factory stereo. I was able to connect my iPohone to the 740 w/o a problem and I set the sound output to the line out, but I cannot get the A2DP properties of the 730 to play my iPod music through the 730 and out to my stereo. I have searched all over and cannot find a thread with this issue, can someone please help me out?

Thanks!

Your music needs to be in mp3 format and stored on the 730, consider using a memory card for this and your unit can support up to 32GB in capacity. To control the iPhone needs the iPOD accessory cable but to be honest its a waste of time as the cable doesn't charge the iPhone while in use, result is a dead / discharged iPhone when you get to the end of your trip!
iPhone will output audio via A2DP and the TomTom can output audio using A2DP but this won't work to send audio from the iPhone to the TomTom, you need either an A2DP equipped car stereo which can receive and play A2DP or as I have used something called iO-Play which adds A2DP capability to the car as an accessory plugging in to the back of the stereo in the car - Mike

Your music needs to be in mp3 format and stored on the 730, consider using a memory card for this and your unit can support up to 32GB in capacity. To control the iPhone needs the iPOD accessory cable but to be honest its a waste of time as the cable doesn't charge the iPhone while in use, result is a dead / discharged iPhone when you get to the end of your trip!
iPhone will output audio via A2DP and the TomTom can output audio using A2DP but this won't work to send audio from the iPhone to the TomTom, you need either an A2DP equipped car stereo which can receive and play A2DP or as I have used something called iO-Play which adds A2DP capability to the car as an accessory plugging in to the back of the stereo in the car - Mike

What a bummer, I figured that I could stream my music via bluetooth to the 730. My silly bluetooth h/f from Jabra will play my ipod music.. Thanks for the reply...

Ask a Question