iPhone and Cydia Bluetooth DUN apps

There are several posts on here about using the iPhone/TomTom combination with TomTom Services - most of which are over a year old and state it doesn't work.

Well, now that IOS4 is out, and jailbroken apps have proliferated, I thought I'd check on the current state of affairs.

Has anyone had any success using any of the Cydia apps available that supposedly add DUN profiles to a jailbroken iPhone so that we can connect with the TomTom for traffic, etc.

One that comes to mind is iBluever, but there are others if you do a Cydia search on bluetooth, btstack, etc.

I've tried the iBluever demo, but can't seem to get it to work. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten anything to work.

Shouldn't have been moved

This question was about using an actual TomTom GO920 with the iPhone as a bluetooth modem for accessing TomTom Services. It was NOT about the TomTom software available for the iPhone. I feel it belongs in the 920 forum.

Bill

Read your original post again. Where does it mention a 920 at all. You refer to functions with an IPhone. This is the correct forum for such queries.

If anyone has an answer to your questions, they'll see it here.

The iPhone doesn't natively support Bluetooth DUN, but maybe some hacks can add it or enable it. I don't have an iPhone so I can't help in that regard.

The key is to get Bluetooth DUN working. Google for some way to get an iPhone working with Bluetooth DUN.

Once you find a way to get Bluetooth DUN working (if even possible at all), then I can walk you through the 920 pairing.

Read your original post again. Where does it mention a 920 at all. You refer to functions with an IPhone. This is the correct forum for such queries.

If anyone has an answer to your questions, they'll see it here.

Bill is correct though. This question has nothing to do with the mobile application and no wonder it received no replies. I'm replying in 2019 because this has been an issue for me as well. The problem is with the actual model not the iPhone and moving it will just confuse others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using DUN for providing "Plus" services (originally introduced in 2005) to a Nav2 generation device has been passe here for years because the "Plus" services server hasn't been available to us for years. As the owner of both a 720 and 730, which used the same method as the 920 discussed earlier in this thread, I can say that in the North American market, this hasn't been possible for a very long time, even with the magic login sequence.

In any case, moving this to "Bluetooth/Phone Connectivity" really does make more sense since the old Plus services used no app at all to make the connection, just the native BT capabilities of the two devices.

However, I'm not sure that the thread is still relevant in any case since Plus services won't be available even with DUN capability on the phone. There's no redirect from the old faux 'dialup' to the Live server.

Ask a Question