Iphone 3GS connection

TomTom Model(s)
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, so sorry if this post is a repeat of a previously mentioned problem.

I have the Tomtom 930 and an iphone 3GS. I used to be able to connect to the hands free option, but for some reason, every now and then, the tomtom would not be able to connect to my phone and I would have to re-establish the link between the two devices.

Well now I can't even get the link to work between the two. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix to the problem?

Thanks!

This worked. Thanks.

THis happens to me quite frequently - my TT keeps losing the connection to the phone. Is this a flaw with the TT? I have also noticed my TT will reset itself from time to time. I'm wondering if this is normal or if there is something technically wrong with the unit.

The Bluetooth is best described as "Flakey" when it comes to the handsfree, in the end I gave up and fitted a decent Bluetooth handsfree kit to my car so my TomTom's only tend to get used for handsfree when when driving Hire cars.

Don't bother trying to set your iPhone up to work with the TomTom for the plus services as that won't work at all, this is an Apple problem as the iPhone doesn't support the necessary Bluetooth DUN profile - Mike

Please keep in mind the function level of the Iphone. The connection between the Iphone and TomTom can be broken when a new text or email message arrives or is downloading. It could also be broken when browsing the tunes menu. Iphone are multitasking phones (windows powered), by design one task at a time. The 3GS is a little better at this, when 4.0 comes out this summer, multi tasking is one of the features that will be included.

Current TomTom 740 live, have had in the past 730 and 920. Current phone Iphone 3GS with TomTom car kit, running via Ford SYNC in a 2009 Escape. However only one GPS will run via the SYNC at a time.

On non jail broke Iphone there is no tethering. You can use the BT to be hands free, but you can not do tethering between the Iphone and anything so the plus service will not work. The best thing to do is add a line for 9.95 per month and a data plan. That phone with tethering will give you plus service.

Its not the tethering that is the issue with the iPhone, the TomTom requires the Bluetooth DUN profile on the phone in order to connect and use the data connection, no DUN profile equalls no Plus services on a TomTom, iPhone hasn't got DUN so you will need a different phone, even a JailBroken iPhone is useless for offering anything other than handsfree when paired up to TomTom - Mike

tom tom link

I carry a safety pin in the car and simply reset my tt 940 when the blue tooth link is lost.
See reset hole under bottom of TT easy as pie byebye

I carry a safety pin in the car and simply reset my tt 940 when the blue tooth link is lost.

I don't know where you are prodding the 940 with the pin but you might like to know there is no reset switch on the 940, to reset one of the x40 range you press and hold the on/ off switch until the device reboots - Mike

Ask a Question