Invalid security certificate in Home

For what it's worth... You shouldn't need to be use MyTomTom at all for an XL IQ Routes Edition, it only uses Home2

I get the same error message

I have followed the steps given and when I try any buttons on any tomtom page, I get the same error messages. The tomtom support person said to use a different computer. I said Wow thanks for nothing.

It worked

I followed the advice from Totoro and am now updating maps. It took me a while to find the correct location. Thanks for the help.

(Threads merged and posts that pointed to the other one deleted)

Re security error home.tomtom.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate...etc couldn't update or anything...
In my case I found Kaspersky was the problem
Went into Kaspersky settings>additional>network and unchecked 'scan encrypted connections' in network settings....heyho working a treat now.

Yes, humber, Kaspersky can be a problem. If you search the word "Kaspersky" here, you'll find it's been an issue for quite a number of years. Kaspersky attempts to get 'in the middle' of the communication, causing the problem. Your solution is the right one.

Ask a Question