Internal file/dir (statdata) got corrupted in One V3

I believe that one of the statup file on my Tomtom One V3 got corrupted due to improper disconnection of the device :(

This is a new ONE which I purchased a couple of days back and have no valid backup of the same.

The tomtom refuses to boot up; I mean it gives the "drums" start up sound, displays the start-up image and then switches off. (doesnt ask me whether I want to connect to the computer)

It works fine if I connect to the Home software and I am able to access all the various functionalities.

I am suspecting that the "statdata" file is corrupted due to the below reasons
a. Home refused to back up this file as it was corrupted.
b. chkdisk complained that this file was corrupted.
c. Some of the data in this file is readable and it shows me the "owner" info contained in it.. so I belive this file gets executed on startup.

Can someone upload this file? (It would be good someone who has not set the device password sends out the same)

Alternatively, do you think that TomTom support will help me out with this?

Thanks in advance

IIRC, that directory is for collecting anonymous statistics. I don't have that directory on my ONE.

Try this, how about completey removing it. Say, cut and paste the folder on your desktop and see if it can boot up.

If not, copy it back to your ONE and call support and see what they can suggest.

Thanks,

Support directed me to format and reinstall everything. This works :D
though it takes a hell lot of time..

Cheers

Ask a Question