Installing Tripmaster from Home 2

TomTom Model(s)
One v3
I'm having a problem figuring out how to install Tripmaster through Home 2. There's no "Content" folder under the "TomTom Home" folder on my PC , so I created one then I unzipped both files for Tripmaster 1.8a into this folder.

Then in Home I go to "Add maps traffic, voices, etc"-->"Items on my computer"

There are choices to add "Applications", "Voices", "Points of Interest" and "Quick GPS Fix Data".

None of these sections have Tripmaster listed, so how do I install tripmaster?

Thanks for any you help.

I'm having a problem figuring out how to install Tripmaster through Home 2. There's no "Content" folder under the "TomTom Home" folder on my PC , so I created one then I unzipped both files for Tripmaster 1.8a into this folder.

Then in Home I go to "Add maps traffic, voices, etc"-->"Items on my computer"

There are choices to add "Applications", "Voices", "Points of Interest" and "Quick GPS Fix Data".

None of these sections have Tripmaster listed, so how do I install tripmaster?

Thanks for any you help.

Just create a "content folder. In Home click file-preferences -advanced-downloads. In downloads creat a new file and name it "content". Copy the tripmaster files to this folder. Shut down Home and then reopen it. Tripmaster should show up as an available download. Connect your TT and click on Tripmaster to download it.

Just create a "content folder. In Home click file-preferences -advanced-downloads. In downloads creat a new file and name it "content". Copy the tripmaster files to this folder. Shut down Home and then reopen it. Tripmaster should show up as an available download. Connect your TT and click on Tripmaster to download it.

Thanks JimT. Unfortunately for me, I didn't see any way of creating a folder this way in my version of Home (2.1). Those menu options don't exist on my version. But the good news is I figured out a way to do it that worked.

I created a folder called "Tripmaster" under "My Documents -> TomTom -> HOME -> Downloads -> Program". I restarted Home, then went to "Items on My Computer" then "Applications" and Tripmaster was shown as a menu choice, ready to be added! It installed for me this way with no problem.

Thanks JimT. Unfortunately for me, I didn't see any way of creating a folder this way in my version of Home (2.1). Those menu options don't exist on my version. But the good news is I figured out a way to do it that worked.

I created a folder called "Tripmaster" under "My Documents -> TomTom -> HOME -> Downloads -> Program". I restarted Home, then went to "Items on My Computer" then "Applications" and Tripmaster was shown as a menu choice, ready to be added! It installed for me this way with no problem.

That is why I went back to Home 1.5. I did not care for Home 2.0. If you download 1.5 you will be able to use these instructions.

Ask a Question