Installing Splash Screens on the 930

For that model, the name of the file must be splashw.bmp and reside in the root of the unit. But, as well, the file size must be large enough to handle the 4.3 inch screen.

Extra graphics you might use should be in .bmp or .jpg format and reside in the photos folder on the unit. You can then use preferences-->startup, second screen, to switch images for the startup, if you'd like.

Finally, if you go to this link, you can create your own startup screen. Select the 920 model on the page.

For that model, the name of the file must be splashw.bmp and reside in the root of the unit. But, as well, the file size must be large enough to handle the 4.3 inch screen.

Extra graphics you might use should be in .bmp or .jpg format and reside in the photos folder on the unit. You can then use preferences-->startup, second screen, to switch images for the startup, if you'd like..
How soon we forget.
Made a new splash screen, the usual 400x272 at 72x72 dpi, renamed and move the old one to the photos folder and put the new splashw.bmp into the device folder (root).
On start up, nothing. Try again, check the photo everything OK.
Thought well, I may as well ask here fo find out what I forgot but, prior to that i deciced to make a Search here for "spalshw".
Low and behold I came across your quoted reply in 2 seconds flat. I had completely forgotten to change the picture through Preferences > Stat up > select photo.

I offered to put a different start screen on my friends new 930 but his wife had not yet decided which picture she wants me to put on.
Phew, that would have been egg all over the face.
Thanks, Dave.

No worries. Hope things are ok now, both with you and your desired splashscreens on the unit.

Ask a Question