Installing Offroad on a ONE XL

I tried to install Offroad onto a ONE XL and the program would not work. I had to create a TomTom.mnu file to see the icon but when I touched the icon it just returned to the standard navigation screen. I know that the website for Offroad says that it will not work on a ONE V3. Anyone installed this on a ONE XL that could help me?

I've successfully used and enjoyed Offroad Navigator (ver 1.7) on my 1 ? year old TomTom OneXL for over a year. Recently I upgraded my unit to include new maps and app's, and installed Offroad Navigator (ver 2.2) Le Web Bazar !!! Offroad Navigator !!!

A. Unzip (offroad_v2.2.zip) and you should see three folders: 1. offroad 2. skin 3. sdkregistry.
Copy and paste these folders onto your TomTom root directory. NOTE - if you already have a folder called 'sdkregistry' on your TomTom, you only need to copy and paste the two contents of this folder (offroad.bmp and offroad.cap) into the existing sdkregistry folder.

B. Safely Remove Hardware Icon ? then reboot TomTom.

According to the author's page, the Offroad Navigator icon should appear on the Menu. I use a menu builder program to add Offroad Navigator to my own custom TomTom.mnu listing.

It works great for me. Good luck!

Ask a Question