Installing "Dumps" poi

I copied the file under the maps i am using. But do not show any dump pois. Not when I search for them either. Can anyone give me a step by step on this? I followed digi-flex's installing thread and I do not think I am doing something right.:confused:

re: dumps

I am on USA canada. Am about to transfer to N/america. I put it on both. I set up a new poi category and assigned the skull and crossbones icon to it. There is no .bmp file with the download. Any help appreciated

I am on USA canada. Am about to transfer to N/america. I put it on both.

So you copied the dump.ov2 file in the USA_and_Canada folder and the North_America folder?

I set up a new poi category and assigned the skull and crossbones icon to it. There is no .bmp file with the download. Any help appreciated

Delete the category you created. The .ov2 file itself is a category. You need to have a corresponding .bmp to have a little icon.

Just go to Change Preferences | Enable/Disable POIs and you should see the Dump category with a red square beside it.

That got it I can "see" them now with a little red square. Any way to change that to something else?

Yes, there is. You need to copy an image file of a *.bmp format with a image size of 22x22.

You also have to name that file dumps.bmp otherwise it won't show. You can find a lot of icons on the forum if you do a search.

bmp file for Dumps poi

I made this bmp file for dumps. it's 24x24 and should work well. Don't forget to rename it to the ov2 file name you are using.

Attachments

• Dump.bmp
    1.7 KB · Views: 455
?

I copied it over it says the same as the ov2 but with a bmp extension. But all I still have is a red square. Did I miss enabling something?

Ask a Question