Install map on SD card

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Hello

I have 825 version of map on my GO 720.

Is it possible, I download new version map on SD card and in GPS menu I will have two option for map selection 825 and 880 version?

Can I do that way? If yes, how to work out that thing.

I know that we can have EU map and NA on GPS at the same time but in SD card. But here it is both NA different version, one on Device and one on SD card.

Thanks in advance.

You can but I'm not sure why you'd want to? By the way, map version 885 is due SOON.

In any event, let's say you want to download 880 (or 885). Stick a 4 gb shhc card in the unit when you connect to Home and choose the card when Home askes which storage device to use.

CAVEAT: Home, being somewhat brain-dead at times, sometimes ignores the user's selection and tries to install downloads, such as maps, in the location OTHER than the user selected (or both .........).

SO...............

Prior to doing the insertion and selection, make an Explorer backup of the existing internal map folder and place it on the computer somewhere. Now, if in fact the download does go to internal and overwrites the existing map, you can copy the map folder from the computer back to internal.

Also, when you have installed both maps (like dhn, I'm not sure why you'd want to!), they will BOTH be called by the same name in the map selections screen.

To make it easier to see which is which, you can edit the name shown on screen.
Details on how to do that are here:
Changing The On-screen Name Of A Map

Ask a Question