Infinite App 'upgrades'

I installed TT Home 2.0. It informed me that there was a new app version for my ONE (710 I believe), and I had Home download and install it.

A few days later, Home again reported having detected an upgrade. I donwloaded it without checking the version (stupid...); of course, it turns out it had reinstalled the previous version :mad:

I reset the ONE, connected to Home, and downloaded the 710 version. It still informs me of upgrades available, but it's still the older version of the ONE app.

Why does it do this, and more importantly: how can I make it ignore the 'upgrade' to an older version?

I installed TT Home 2.0. It informed me that there was a new app version for my ONE (710 I believe), and I had Home download and install it.

A few days later, Home again reported having detected an upgrade. I donwloaded it without checking the version (stupid...); of course, it turns out it had reinstalled the previous version :mad:

I reset the ONE, connected to Home, and downloaded the 710 version. It still informs me of upgrades available, but it's still the older version of the ONE app.

Why does it do this, and more importantly: how can I make it ignore the 'upgrade' to an older version?

Your map is at 710 and probably going to be there for a while.

Navcore 7 is the application installed on the TT device. Your Navcore version should be up to 7.162

TT Home application on the PC is up to 2.1 something.

Other auto-updates include Mapshare updates from others and the GPSFix update.

Your map is at 710 and probably going to be there for a while.

Navcore 7 is the application installed on the TT device. Your Navcore version should be up to 7.162

TT Home application on the PC is up to 2.1 something.

Other auto-updates include Mapshare updates from others and the GPSFix update.

I did mean the Navcore 7, not the map update.

It keeps alerting me to an update to 6.8 or something like that (not near my home PC right now).

Doesn't exactly bolster my confidence in TomTom.

Doesn't exactly bolster my confidence in TomTom.

LOL. Spend ten minutes on their web site then. ;)

I'd rate my TT device a 9/10 taking into consideration price & features.

I'd rate everything else about TT (customer service, software issues, web site, documentation, publication of misinformation) only a 3/10.

Ask a Question