Inexpensive Mount for TT

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
I could nor find a mount that quite fitted my wants. So, I jerry rigged. I bought a flexable clamp on light at Lowes ($10.00). I took it apart and removed the metal light socket from the inside the plastic socket. Removed the wires. Cut out the four small plastic pieces in the inside bottom of the plastic socket, put the plastic socket back on and the metal nut and glued it all together. Took the plastic screwnut and glued a piece of plexiglass on top of it. Screwed the plastic screwnut on and then put on two pieces of velcro to make sure the mount would stay. Adjustable and works like a charm.
Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• Mount.jpg
    Mount.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 409
  • Mounted.jpg
    Mounted.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 408
Could you just use the suction cup mount on the plexiglass and not use the velcro? I know the suction cup does not stick to all surfaces, even if they appear smooth.

Thanks

You don't have to use the velcro, I amdit that is a little overkill but I didn't want to take the chance of the cup coming loose and it falling. I think the suction cup will work just fine by itself.

Ask a Question