Indian Reserves - can't turn them off!

Not that I have anything against them I just don't really need to know where each and everyone is when I'm driving, you know? I can't find anywhere to turn them off. They aren't in the POI etc.

Last edited:
Indian Reserves are not part of the default poi's provided with TomTom. Either you dl a custom poi for them or some custom poi you DID dl was obviously wrong and show reserves instead.

Do this: Preferences-->Manage pois on map

Your custom catagories you dl (if any) will appear first and then the default ones.

Start by unchecking ALL the categories you see as you scroll down the list. (make a note of which ones ARE checked first).

Are the reserves gone? If so, one by one, add back checkmarks for your custom pois and see if they return. If they do, you know the last checked is the culprit.

Ok, so I took all the POIs off and when I navigate a new destination the Indian reserves are listed but when I run the demo they don't show up. Is this how it will be when traveling? I will add each POI back and run the demo with each one.

Sorry, I don't understand.

When you go Navigate To--> where do the reserves appear? Under recent destinations? If so, you can navigate to recent destination and select 'delete'. You will be warned that ALL recent destinations will be deleted, but that should remove the Reserves.

If however, you now see a poi called Reserves when you navigate to poi, the Reserve poi will automatically get replaced when you navigate to another poi.

IOW, the most current poi gets its own icon on the screen until replaced.

Hi. I'll try to explain it more clearly. First off, I'm using I am using TomTom One 3rd edition.

So, I'm navigating to a destination (city or address), not a reserve. Right after I chose my destination a screen comes up which I've discovered is the 'Route Summary'. This is what I mean when I say, "the Indian reserves are listed" not so clear, I know. What I mean by "listed" is the reserve names are on the Route Summary map as well as town names.

I just ran a demo and a native reserve did show up, I had to be quick to see it.

In my POIs there aren't any Reserves to select or unselect. I don't seem to have control over them being on my maps. Does this make sense? I tried to take pictures of my screens but they didn't really turn out.

It sounds as if they are part of the map data, Captain, rather than a poi.

(what map do you have, btw).

If indeed it is part of the map data then there is not much you can do about it, I would think.

Ask a Question