Incorrect location for Philadelphia Intl Airport (PHL)

TomTom Model(s)
TT 1 (NE)
On a recent trip to the Philadelphia Intl Airport (PHL) I was directed by my One NE to get off of I-95 South at exit 14 (Bartram Ave.) and then directed to turn right onto Essington Ave., after driving 100 yards or so I was then told that I reached my destination (N39 53' 40", W75 23' 45"). One problem, the airport isn't at this location - it's a few miles away. I 'd like to caution everyone that this particular airport (PHL) location is listed incorrectly in the TomTom One's proprietary Airport POI.

Once I got home I loaded a different airport POI and I was able to get the correct route to PHL which is located at N39 52' 19", W75 15' 27".

BTW, I have App. 7.903 along with the North America map - v665

Mike

Your map is over 2 years old and may explain the incorrect airport location. I'm going to move this thread to the One forum where someone with that model and a more current map may check out what gets shown in a more recent poi file.

I remember seeing a goofy location for PHL airport when I got my One XL-S about a year and a half ago. I have current maps loaded. The map now shows about 13 different POIs for PHL airport...One for each terminal location. That seems like a bit of POI over-kill. At least the multitude of POIs are within the main road along the terminals and not off in the hinterlands.

Airport POIs can be tricky...Airports can be such large places with their own road network. A poorly placed POI location even within the airport can really take you out of the way. I remember navigating to the Orlando airport POI without checking it in advance. Due to the POI location, the instructions took me off the highway almost at the main entry...took me around creation and brought me in the south entrance to the airport.

Last edited:
For poi's like that it might be a good idea when in the 2d map route summary view to expand the view to try to get a better idea of exactly where in the poi (complex), the route is sending you.

Ask a Question