Imported phone list - home vs work vs cell numbers

I'm new to tomtom (just got a 720) so I'm not sure if this is problem specific to the 720 or a tomtom issue or a problem with my phone. I imported the contacts list from my phone but my 720 didn't appear to pick up any data on whether the numbers imported were home numbers vs work numbers vs cell numbers. In other words, for Jane Doe I see

Jane Doe 919-555-1111
Jane Doe 919-555-2222
Jane Doe 919-555-3333

but in my cell phone each number is identified as either home, work, cell, etc. It's annoying because I have to scroll through my cell to figure out which number is which before I can call via my 720.

Is this normal for tomtom or is there something screwed up with the format that my phone uses to store the home/work/cell tag? I have a Razor v3m.

The 910 has a contacts.txt file on the TT. If the 720 is similar, this should work. Find the contacts.txt file in the route of your TT. You can edit the list and change the listings to describe work or cell or home numbers. A little cumbersome but it will work and help you out on the road.

Ask a Question