import/sync contacts from outlook or mac address book or .xls or .csv

Hi tomtom people,

I was wondering if somebody knows how to sync or import contacts from outlook or mac address book or .xls or .csv files into the tomtom one xl.

I called the helpline, but unfortunately they couldn't help me.

Would be nice if someone could give me a hint... ;)

Thank you from your support.
Axel

Hi, I am in sales. So, the task was the same - to visit the customers to check how they are doing, if they are somewhere near of my route. :rolleyes:

1 You will need to install some progs first:

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
Outlook Add In for Mapping
Google Earth
TYRE

2 Restart Your PC

3 Open Outlook , go to the data bank and mark all the accounts you?d like to export. Press your new "Map" button in Outlook tools.

4 Google earth will be opened. Mark the folder "Outlook" and go to File - Save as - Save place as. Save the file

5 Open Tyre program. Go to File - Open - file you just saved. Do not forget to change the filter to Google earth files ;)

6 Save as - <NAME>. TomTom Poi files. (Same story, use the file type button)

7 Connect your TomTom to PC. Copy the file You've just created to your TomTom Maps folder. Also create a nice bmp-picture with the same name.

8 Undock your TomTom and check if POI set works.

9 If it does - good job! If id does not - read carefully info above and try again :)

Nice regards from Hamburg, Germany

Leo

Ask a Question