Import addresses into TT One

Being new to the site I tried to search for my answer but did not get a full answer. I have a TomTom One 2nd edition and I want to export addresses from an Excel spreadsheet into the TomTom and create an itinerary file. Can someone tell me how to do this in a step by step way?

the column headings are NAME ADDRESS ZIP CODE STATE CITY

Do i need to convert the spreadsheet to a certain format?
Do i need to import the addresses from Excel into another program?
thank you for any help!

Here is sample data:
Name Address City State Zip Code
Fred 01 622 SW Main Blvd Lake City FL 32025
Fred 02 7718 SW CR 18 Hampton FL 32044
Fred 03 355 S 2nd St Macclenny FL 32063
Fred 04 102 Kilo Ct Interlachen FL 32148
Fred 05 2725 State St Palatka FL 32177
Fred 06 320 E State Rd 100 San Mateo FL 32187
Fred 07 4623 Burgundy Rd N Jacksonville FL 32210
Fred 08 8634 Graybar Dr Jacksonville FL 32221
Fred 09 5912 NW 43rd Pl Gainesville FL 32606
Fred 10 1922 NW 133rd Terr Gainesville FL 32606

Last edited:
First of all, does your model allow for Itinerary Planning in the first place? I don't know for sure.......

If it does, you may want to give this a shot. (a real 'kludge' what hey.........:p)

Save the Excel file as a .csv file.

Then, use this tool to convert the csv file to a TomTom .ov2 file

Finally, then use this one to convert the .ov2 file to a TomTom .itn file and put in the itineary folder on the unit.

I don't think you can put the names into a POI except by individually renaming the addresses with TYRE after you set up a custom POI category and put POIs into that category.

I have not used the itn converter recommended by dhn and don't know if it would accept the names in front of the addresses.

You should be able to transfer your Excel sheet to an itn file. Tha latter can be edited with Notepad.
The format of the file is coordinates, separated by the piping symbol (no decimal point but 5 decimals).
The consecutively numbered Point of Interest (this could be Fred01, Fred02, etc.) before and after.
0 for any waypoints and 2 for the end point.
Don't forget the piping symbols.

Your Itn would show as:

-8264245|3016177|1 Point of interest 1|0|
-8248573|2966752|10 Point of Interest 10|2|

The consecutive numbering is not necessary as that portion between the pipes is just description.
I think in some of mine it comes from the route optimising programme ZRP-Routenoptimierung

You may want to try out that programme for your purpose. Making an optimised itinerary does not necessarily mean following a trail of increasing ZIP codes.

To use that programme, you click on en if not in English already the enter your starting address, destiination address (your Fred10), tap and now enter all the other Freds, in no particular order but each address must be on a single line and finish with a ; (semi-colon).
Click on the little red go in the "bug" and the programme will calculate your route and diplay it in the Google map.
The result screen switches to German to give you the distance in Meilen (miles) and driving time (per Google) in Stunden (hours) and Minuten.

None of that matters as you now just click on the [tomtom/itn] box at the bottom which will open a download window. Click on Save and you can rename that .itn to something sensible and file it in the ITN folder of your device which you had connected via HOME previously.

Ask a Question