I'm unable to find Kennedy Space Centre on TomTom One

Hello,

I hope to visit Kenndey Space Centre in Florida this August, I've been looking for it on my TomTom but cannot locate it. I thought it would come up as a POI. I do know its very close to Cocoa Beach on the East coast of Florida.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Bernard

You have several options. With access to the Internet you can look up their map and address and enter it into the TomTom to Navigate by address or cross street.

I used Google Earth and Tyre to create the destination as an Itinerary for you. Unzip the file I've attached and place the file "Kennedy Space Center.itn" in the itn folder on your TomTom. Then you can go to the Itinerary Planning menu and load the "Kennedy Space Center" itinerary that will be there. That should take you right to the visitor center.

Attachments

• Kennedy Space Center.zip
    195 bytes · Views: 490
As far as I could find Kennedy space center does not have a street number, it is listed as being on state route 405 near the intersection of state route 3. I could not find that intersection nor could I find the intersection of the local names of those streets which are Columbia blvd (SR405) and Nasa Pkwy (SR3) in Titusville, FL . After pulling up a map of the area in Google I found a Burger King at 3293 Columbia Blvd which is on the road to the space center and a couple of miles away. Not as slick as the Tyre, Google Earth method but it would get you there.

It's pretty amazing that the Kennedy Space Center isn't included in the POIs. (I couldn't find it under Tourist Attractions). Thanks again, TeleAtlas!!

However, I figured that the coordinates are approximtely N28.525962 W80.681734. Navigate to that point and you should be OK.

My solution to these kinds of situations is to use Google Earth and note the latitude/longitude of the spot I wish to aim for.

Just saw this on Bruce Schneier's web site (he's a security expert, if you're not familiar with him):

Who can figure why embedded is OK but standalone is evil... :confused:

They don't want you walking around on tours and getting specific GPS coordinates of sensitive locations? Not that you couldn't get that from Google Earth...

Ask a Question