I'm new and need help!!

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One
Hi All,
I finally unwrapped my cute little TomTom One and I have the device code on the screen....but can't get the activation code on line.....it states that MY code isn't correct. Tried again last night on line, couldn't get on the web site......same thing tonight.
Anyone else have this problem?
If there are any other codes needed to get started....I'm not sure I have them..
I do have the code under the BARCODE on the box :rolleyes: and there are several codes on the plastic packing that came with the TOM, but that about does it.

Any great way to get on the web site.........or get an activation code???
Thanks,

If this is a brand new TomTom, the map is pre-activated. It should just work. I don't understand why your unit is telling you that it needs to be activated.

Beside the device code (which is found internally in the TomTom), you need the code on the plastic 'credit card'.

I had a similar issue -- map worked fine on the original SD card that shipped with my GO 510, but wouldn't activate within TT HOME or on the copy of the original SD card I made on a 2GB SD card.

What happened was: I had bought a refurbished GO 510 from woot.com ($204, shipped!), and it had the product code card from when it was new -- during the refurbishing process, however, TomTom had upgraded the maps on the supplied card (newer version). As a result, the product code card I had didn't match what was actually installed on the 510.

A call to TomTom Customer Service straightened it out -- they gave me a correct activation code over the phone.

To determine if this is the same issue you're seeing on your One, check out the map version installed on your GPS, and compare it with the version that's reported by the ttcode.com site when you attempt to activate. In my case, it reported that my product code was a valid USA_and_Canada v6.5 product code, and the product actually installed on the GPS was USA_and_Canada v6.65.

- Brian

No problem...glad to help. Hopefully, it'll save somebody else a small amount of head-scratching, and they'll be up & running with their new TomTom that much quicker.

Ask a Question