Im an idiot...need help XL340M

TomTom Model(s)
XL340M
Well...My wife and I both bought XL340M's as an update from my XL330. I was messing around today and was updating my map, when all of a sudden I deleted the maps right off my tomtom (without backing up). How do I start from scratch, it is saying I don't have enough memory to save a new map on it. I've deleted all car and voices except the one I'm using and I still don't have enough memory.

PLEASE help. Thanks in advance.

The newest is still 860 but 865 is due any day now...... what version do you have?

860.3121....hmm...maybe my map, but then im having a problem with my POI's....mine and my wifes are COMPLETELY different....tom tom home is also saying "Your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks, unfortunately Map Share map corrections are temporarily not available." When I log onto my wifes account it does not show this.

Last edited:
Same map on both models?

If you look at the contents of both units using Explorer, is the size of the poi.dat file the same on both?

mine is 250mb
hers is 289mb

her map is 845.2670
That's why you have two different sizes of POI files .. they change between map releases.

As for POI, yes, you can copy and paste. You will find that your 860 POI set no longer has one of the two files, though. They dropped it (it has telephone numbers, etc.) to save space. The files involved are

poi.dat, crpoi.dat (you won't have one) and the "brand" folder.

Map 865 was just released within the last hour......

You may wish to update your units.

But make Explorer, not Home, backups prior to doing so.

Ask a Question