'Ikea north york' name not properly recorded in favorites

TomTom Model(s)
XL350TM
I saved the Ikea store location in North York, Ontario (it is a POI) under Favorites and the default name is "Ikea north york". However, when I am reviewing my Favorites list, it shows up as "Ikea york": does this happen for your unit? I tried renaming it but the name's still unchanged (it shows the correct name when I view in map mode though). Could someone please check it out? I have a XL350TM. Thx.

That is strange....haven't heard about that issue before.

If you want to start over........(you'll lose all your Favourites, recent destinations, etc.), you can use Explorer to delete the mapsettings.cfg file in your map folder.

When the unit restarts, it'll create the file again and you can try to enter the data again.

I'm not sure but I think POI Edit, found here:
PoiEdit - Main

can open and read the mapsettings.cfg file. If so, you might want to give that a shot.

That is strange....haven't heard about that issue before.

If you want to start over........(you'll lose all your Favourites, recent destinations, etc.), you can use Explorer to delete the mapsettings.cfg file in your map folder.

When the unit restarts, it'll create the file again and you can try to enter the data again.

I'm not sure but I think POI Edit, found here:
PoiEdit - Main

can open and read the mapsettings.cfg file. If so, you might want to give that a shot.

Hmmm, so it's only my unit then? Darn. Well, I tried saving the POI with *2* spaces between "Ikea" and "north" and it shows up properly now when I'm reviewing my Favorites list (although in map mode the 2 spaces show up). I hope that it's just an isolated glitch and will leave it for now.

EDIT: Btw, that POI Edit prg doesn't seem to support my XL350TM: can you please confirm this pt?

Last edited:
I finally had a chance to try this on someone's XL350 with app 9.150.

Strange bug. It appears that North/South/East/West disappear from favorite names if they are not the first word in the name.

Give Tomtom a call so they can have their developers look into it.

One workaround is to rename it to "Ikea North North York". It will save as "Ikea North York".

As far as I'm aware, POI edit can only read POIs from mapsettings.cfg. It won't write to it. I've never used it so I don't know if it works on a XL350.

Ask a Question