If you had the choice and money was no object, which one would you choose?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2 / Jetta MK5
The ONE or the 510?

Please discuss your personal reasons why you'd choose one over the other. Assume you have enough cash on hand to buy either.

Thanks!

It Would Still Be The ONE!

I travel extensively all over North America. I needed a unit that would fit in the front pocket of my computer roller bag. The very small window mount was also a big plus.

ONE.

I don't need the bluetooth (have my own headset) and I already have an iPod kit in my car.

Ok,the real reason is portability. The ONE is very slim and easily fit in any pocket (maybe except jean pockets) so it's easy to take it out of the car and carry it with me.

I had a choice and actually bought both a ONE and a 910. I loved both units, but what it boiled down to for me personally was SIZE. I travel for a living, and the ONE is just so easy to put in my bag.

I loved the TTS functionality of the 910, and I was surprised by how well I liked the remote. It was nice to have bluetooth hands-free functionality, but this was just a "nice to have" and not a "need to have" for me, as I have a bluetooth headset already.

It literally boiled down size and ease of portability. Not that the 910 is some giant, but the ONE is just perfect for traveling.

This is just my own personal opinion. I did really enjoy the 910!

The ONE or the 510?

Please discuss your personal reasons why you'd choose one over the other. Assume you have enough cash on hand to buy either.

Thanks!

I had TT1 and now TT 510. (price actually NOT that much of different, because I bought refurb from MacMall.com - don't worry, they are authorized refurb from tomtom come w/ Full Retail Package and one year warranty)

My situation:
Just moved to West Coast from East Coast. (complete new place to me)
I do travel back to East coast, however, I am too familiar w/ that area.

What I need:

Long battery life : T510 last over 4 hours easily. *TT1, no more than 100min.
** hate power cord hanging over my center console.

Larger Screen: Quick glance require when driving on the HWY.

Good windshield mount: T510 very secure *TT1, you might need to spend extra on better mount. The one I had can never stay up for more than 24 hours.

Bluetooth, Weather: USELESS to me. *Car already have that function on command center.

Other than that, both perform beautifully, GPS-wise.
Of course, TT1 bit slower on UI due to CPU.
________
How to roll a joint

Last edited:
I think you need to ask yourself whether you need portability or not as well as how does the unit fit / look in your car. These were the two big criterias for me (actually my wife as it's for her). She travels quite a bit and sometime across country but flys doesn't drive. The ONE allows her to take the unit with her. Additionally I wanted a unit that integrates nicely into the car and didn't look to bulky. I loved the widescreen on the 510/910 but they were too deep to fit in my desired location, thus chose the ONE. Am totally happy with it; including my wife. :p

Ask a Question