Idea: New Boards for TomTom GO x30 Models

TomTom Model(s)
720, 330S
First of all, thanks to the mods and frequent contributors to TomTom Forums. The people here are always knowledgeable and I find myself constantly learning new tips/tricks and even info about new models/features from the TTF community.

So I have an idea I'd like to bounce off the admins here:

Would it be possible to add/update the main board categories under the "TomTom Devices & Tweaks" topic to reflect the new models of TomToms that are now out?

Right now we have it broken out into these topics:
TomTom Tweak Discussion
TomTom Go 920/920T
TomTom ONE
TomTom GO 720
TomTom GO 300/510/700/910
TomTom NAVIGATOR
TomTom Rider

I have noticed that people have had questions about the newer models - mostly the x30 series (ONE 130s, XL 330s, GO 730, etc.) - but these questions are oftentimes lumped into the wrong category because there is no category for, say, the XL 330s.

What do you guys think?
These are the models that are at least somewhat current, separated by product line:

*TomTom ONE 3rd Edition
*TomTom ONE 130?S
*TomTom ONE 130

*TomTom ONE XL
*TomTom ONE XL?S
*TomTom XL 330
*TomTom XL 330?S

*TomTom GO 720
*TomTom GO 630
*TomTom GO 730

*TomTom GO 920 T
*TomTom GO 920
*TomTom GO 930 T
*TomTom GO 930

Thanks, btw, for all the time that you put into this site. It does show through!

I agree with the addition of the new models but it is up to the admins to alter the structure of the forums. Hopefully, one or both will see your request. Or you can pm them directly.

I'm not sure there would be any benefit by adding x30 series forums since they are pretty much the same as x20. If anything I think they should change the x20 names to something like "TomTom GO 720/730" and "TomTom GO 920/930"

The more separate forums there are, the more forums people have to search through to find certain information besides using the search feature. Like if someone posted a break-through tweak on a x30 forum which also works on a x20 series, the x20 user might never have any reason to look in the x30 forums, and never will see that tweak.

Making so many forums would be such an inconvenience for mods and for members here as well.

It's bad enough there is a general section with people already asking ONE, x20, x30 questions when they already have their own appropriate forum.

These devices are WAYYY too similar to eachother for the need for so many separate forums.

That's just my 2 cents though.

I can see what you mean, and it definitely wouldn't help if there were too many boards.

I'm thinking that there are generally a few types of people here:

-those that have been using TomToms for awhile, know their model #, etc.
-shoppers or new TomTom owners looking for answers and exploring how to tweak their GPS.

Especially for newer visitors, it might confuse them if they have an XL330S and there is no board that this would fit under.

So my request would be to at least update the existing boards to reflect the new devices. Any other ideas on how they could be organized? If I message the site admins, I'd like to do it in a way that presents some possible solutions. I can only guess that they are busy enough as it is!

Ask a Question