Icon has a border

I created an icon using a pic of my car. Followed the instructions and it came out good but when I use it on my 130 it has a small red outline around the car. Did I miss something somewhere along the line? Thanks for any help.

I created an icon using a pic of my car. Followed the instructions and it came out good but when I use it on my 130 it has a small red outline around the car. Did I miss something somewhere along the line? Thanks for any help.
You could try making a 'one pixel' white outline around your car. This is suggested on some of the sites. I don't do that myself, but some say it produces a better image on your TomTom.

Here's a quote from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-custom-cursors.php:
Creating your own

If you want to make your own it is a simple process

• Locate a suitable image or take a photo of your own car. The best cursors are those that are viewed from the rear but slightly above the car rather than from directly behind.
  • The image size should be re-sized to 80 x 80 pixels.
  • TomTom automatically sets any part of the image that is red (RGB 255,000,000) to transparent
  • For optimum results a continuous 1 pixel white border should be added around the cursor.
  • The image should be saved as .bmp (bitmap).
Hope this helps.

I don't want to hijack anyone's thread but I've got the same problem with my icon. Can it be fixed?

View attachment Girl Biker.bmp

If anyone wants a copy of it feel free to post it/host it wherever.

I'd sure appreciate it! (My wife probably won't though, but my son will love it. Ha! Ha!)

Thanks!

Have a good one!
HH

Last edited:
I don't want to hijack anyone's thread but I've got the same problem with my icon. Can it be fixed?

If anyone wants a copy of it feel free to post it/host it wherever.

I'd sure appreciate it! (My wife probably won't though, but my son will love it. Ha! Ha!)

Thanks!

Have a good one!
HH

I cleaned it up as much as I could. let me know if this is ok.

Attachments

• Girl Biker.bmp
    18.8 KB · Views: 392

Ask a Question