I want to return the same route

My TomTom is a model 540-S XXL. I recently used it to drive to a location, it worked fine. When I selected the navagate to Home, it wanted to take me a different route rather than the way I came. I overcame this by driving the route I wanted and the device then switched to the route I arrived on.
Is there a way I can select a "return same route" or something like that?

It isn't possible to get the device to use the same route in reverse for the trip home as it calculated a fastest route based on a weighted score for left or right turns, rotarys etc, occasionally it might show the same route but quite rare on a longish trip - The device has no reverse route function built in - Mike

Return Route

Thank you for the answer. I'm new to GPS use and the lesson I've learned the few times I've use it is: have faith in its directions, just not blind faith.

I've found that examining the map closely and even referring to a regular road map before setting off insures an easy trip once started.

Thanks again.

Simple way to use the device when local is to ignore it as it will catch up with what you are trying to do and still offer speed camera warnings if set up to do this, if you are going to a new destination simply follow the device as it will get you to where you want to be - Its not going to beat local knowledge in some instances but its getting very close with the IQ Routes-2 data, just remember if you know better disregard the nav unit and do your own thing - Mike

I have an older TT OneXL and made a route to my son's house which worked great, so tried like you to take the same route home and "nope" wants me to go the GPS way, I always use Fastest Route, so one day getting ready for the run home I told it to take me the Shortest way, guess what, damn if it didn't take me the same way I had routed to his place..........:confused::D

Ask a Question