I totally messed everything up.

:( :(

So I get my Tomtom GO 510, get it working, then decide I want to get cute, so I start screwing around with the HOME software and somehow I think I've messed up the firmware or something.

Terrible result:
I can't get a read from the satellite anymore. Nothing. "The GPS signal was lost" --- (and yes, I've taken it outside just to be sure)

I also get a flashing error message "Unable to store settings: File access error"

Not only that, every time I reboot, I have to re-enter in the language, picks map styles, etc.

I tried resetting the factory settings and that did nothing.

ANYTHING you can do to help me out would be greatly appreciated. I just want to get this great little thing working again!

Thanks a million.
-TivoTron

BTW - not sure if this means anything, but here's some of the device data I found on one screen:

Device AKUAN B2CQ2
App 7.160 (8489/071023) OS:2324
61 MB RAM (free: 28.0 MB)
GPS v1.21, Boost 4,8600
Map: 'USA_and_Canada' v665.1293

I am actually having the same problem. I connected my 510 to the computer and TomTom Home detected an update available for the device. The update finish and when I rebooted the same error shows up on the screen "Unable to store settings: File access error"

Any ideas how to solve this?!:mad:

have you tried running the flash tool?

Also if you want to restore, try to do it manually by locating the backup:
My documents/TomTom/HOME/backups

Coping the backup and pasting it to your TomTom.

have you tried running the flash tool?

Also if you want to restore, try to do it manually by locating the backup:
My documents/TomTom/HOME/backups

Coping the backup and pasting it to your TomTom.

Talk to me Pedro2NR...where do I find this "flash tool"?

And for the backup - I will check that out. I'm sure it's somewhat self-explanatory when I see it, although I'm not exactly sure where to paste it on the Tomtom...I presume there is a file structure if I find the Tomtom through My Computer...

Really appreciate the help. I know it must be frustrating to get questions like this from newbies...

For what it's worth...I just spoke with customer service on the phone and they told me that this was a "new problem" that they have received "many" phone calls about already this morning.

:(

Ask a Question