I thought google map had a deal with tomtom

I thought google map had a deal with tomtom. I would like to have directions that i typed in google map sent to my tomtom. I know i can get stores and there locations sent to the gps but why didnt tomtom also get them to send there direction to the gps like garmin on map quest.

Is there a map that can give you both direction and stores and send it to your tomtom thanks.

I thought google map had a deal with tomtom. I would like to have directions that i typed in google map sent to my tomtom. I know i can get stores and there locations sent to the gps but why didnt tomtom also get them to send there direction to the gps like garmin on map quest.

Is there a map that can give you both direction and stores and send it to your tomtom thanks.

don't know what you mean by stores but you definately can use Google maps to plan your route and then save it to your TT as an itn route you can download a program called Tyre from http://www.tyre.tk/ and us it to create a series of waypoints and then save it as a TT itn file or you can go streight to Google maps.com plan your route and save it as a TT itn. file with a program like http://www.houghi.org/tomtom/ .
I personaly prefere Houghi because when you go to Google Maps .com and with the google map interface you can just click on your route and drag it where you want to go if you prefere a different route than what Google gives you from point X to X. rather than with tyre having to put a bunch of waypoints in.

sorry for not making myself clear. What i was trying to say is that when i go to map quest they have a function on there website that you can send the direction from point a to point b straight to your gps for garmin google maps doesnt have that for tomtom. i hope that clears that up for anyone reading this post, thanks in advance

google maps and TT

You can send info from google maps to your Tomtom, but not directions. If you type in a destination on google maps and then click on "search maps" it will show your destination. Then click on "send", it's just above the map toward the right side...along the top edge of the map. That will open another window...click on GPS...then click on "brand" and then click on tomtom...and finally click on "Send"...of course make sure that your TT is connected to your computer before doing all of that. Depending on the model TT you have you can plan itineraries within the TT itself, but I do agree with GarCor...either Tyre or houghi are both good for trip planning too.

Yeh it doesn't come up in the address box on the screen it above the map screen click on the send button it opens a box and then you enter in what gps you have and press send.

The Google Maps function only works with business POIs.

Thats not true it actually works with any address, or coordinates. Just click the send button on the top of the map on the right hand side. It will then ask you how you want to send it. I have done it a few times for geocache coordinates.

The business POIs actually show up in the white bubble right there on the map with the send command while the regular address you need to go the extra step of clicking the send button on the top of the map

Sorry - "officially" it doesn't; which means Tom Tom customer support isn't trained in it, all the company offers is an FAQ regarding the business POIs. :p

Ask a Question