I phone 4S blue tooth conection to TomTom rider 2

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I recently had replaced my dead Nokia E71 with a I Phone 4S .

I had the E71 connected to My Tom Tom rider 2 very sucessfully on my bike operating through " Starcom 1 BTM-01 unit"

When I tried to pair My new I phone 4S . I recieved "No blue tooth devices found"

The I Phone 4S has the blue tooth turned on and I have installed Ves 2.8 on my Tom Tom.

I thought changing over phone type would very painless :)
Can any one help me with idea's to what may be the problem? :confused:

I have found something in the Iphone that has help with the talking to the tom tom it see it now. but have an issues connecting . will post more when I , improve the situation.

Thanks in advance for assistance

Last edited:
iPhone does not support bluetooth DUN, the protocol used by the Rider.

Most modern operating systems removed that feature, my suspicion is that the phone carriers are asking manufacturers to remove the feature because they want a to sell a separate SIM for every device.

Only pseudo-current smartphone OS that supports Bluetooth DUN is Nokia Belle.

Thanks for the Reply,

I manage to work out all the issues in the end. I had to reset the TomTom . Install all updates for TomTom, then Install Starcom 1 pairing first, then pair the phone. I have the functions that I require. Phone book transfer to TomTom and make and recieve calls.
Quite simple , once I realised which order to pair. The I phone 4S connected with a little more ease than the Nokia E71.
So its all good. Will I remember that for next time ? :) possibly not :rolleyes:

Ask a Question