I know nothing

Welcome to TTF, mickey.

Would be helpful to list your unit in your sig line. That way, questions you may have can be better directed.

good to be welcomed

As requested, I currently own a One 140, but I'm looking into trading up to a 140S or XL340S. I would like the street names, the prices for each are very close, but I may want to stay small for convenience and go for the 140S. Only downdside, I see is keyboard is kind of small for my large fingers. Am I on the right track?

How to backup

This is intended for doctormstein1. You suggested back up on explorer. Does this mean it;s a bad idea to go to Tomtom Home and backup there? I was planning to do that and then try to update my maps and remove some of the languages other than English to save space. What do you think?

As requested, I currently own a One 140, but I'm looking into trading up to a 140S or XL340S. I would like the street names, the prices for each are very close, but I may want to stay small for convenience and go for the 140S. Only downdside, I see is keyboard is kind of small for my large fingers. Am I on the right track?
Depends on how old you are and how good your eyes are :p

I much prefer the larger 4.3" screen when I'm buzzing down the LIE (I noted your location). As you say, that also makes the buttons a bit bigger - something to consider, although I've come to using the end of a closed pen to tap out my information much of the time.

Welcome aboard, m8!

As for dhn suggestion, click on the User CP, the very first tab, left of Community - Calendar ..... then click on Edit Signature and set it from there. Months from now or after you participate 100 posts, noone will remember this thread to know what TT model you're using :)

Ask a Question