I have two tomtom720 - Maps diferent versions

Ok, guys

I have 2 tomtom 720, one running with old version map and one with the new version 7.10 north america map...

Do you think i could have the new map update in my older tomtom720.. just coping the new file in sd card...

Let me know... if i am wrong doing this...

when you connect your TomTom to home 2.1, you will have the option "Use lastest map guarantee" and you will be able to update your 720 with the old map within 30 days.

Territel,

I ran into the same problem. I bought a 720 unit in Aug.
My 30 day map guarantee expired as well.
I called TomTom North America to see if they would give me the free update.
Which after 5 min on the phone with them they asked me to go on tomtom's website and open a support ticket and I would also need to provide them with my guarantee code and store receipt. After verification I was able to download the North America and Canada 7.10 Map.

hope this helps

I had the same problem. After talking to support for almost an hour, they let me download the new map. One problem for the support is they don't know that TomTom 720 come with North_America_2G map and gave me the small Canada_and_USA map (900 MB) only. I needed to tell them to check with their 720 before they gave me the right map.
The new maps have bigger POIs library plus the voice input files.

Ask a Question