i have full battery, yet my unit still shuts down

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by eclimax13, Feb 5, 2008.

1. eclimax13

eclimax13

every time i run my 720 on battery about 20 minutes into it, it shuts itself down and gives me the low battery message....then i turn it back on and it has full battery.....any ideas?

eclimax13, Feb 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. eclimax13

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520

I know that certains conditions use more battery power: bluetooth connection, screen brightness, etc.

Even still, 20 minutes is not good. :(

dhn, Feb 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. eclimax13

flyer1024

TomTom Model(s):
    one
    Batteries when resting recover some voltage. sounds like this one is on it's last legs and doing that. As DHN said, power consumption varies in use and probably triggers the shutdown.

I'm not up to date in lithium ion batteries, but use a lot of lithium polymer packs flying model planes and helicopters. This short use and shutdown is a common sign of worn out batteries in our hobby. Fact is a worn out lipo often can be charged to full capacity and show good voltage, but due to the high internal resistance created in the ageing process, they can no longer put out the amperage needed to operate a device.

flyer1024, Feb 5, 2008
  4. eclimax13

bobaloolie

This may or may not be related... but it sounds like it could be: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=5251

bobaloolie, Feb 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question