I feel like an electronic geek when I step out of my vehicle

TomTom Model(s)
One LE
I feel like an electronic geek when I step out of my vehicle. I mean, I am just parking my vehicle at a store, and here are the items I must walk out with (to avoid my vehicle to be a thief's target)

1 - TomTom One LE (I leave behind the window mount adapter)
1 - iPod Photo 60GB w/iTrip (FM transmitter)
1 - Cell Phone w/ bluetooth ear adapter
1 - Pioneer detachable face (radio)
1 - Sony Cybershot DSC-W55 Digital Camera

A total of 4 electronic gadgets. I quickly run out of pockets, especially when wearing shorts. Does anyone feel the same lately?

Do you guys know of a cool thing to get to carry all these electronics with you? I mean like a belt pouch or something for a cool dude?????

Last edited:
have you tried a super cool leatheresque fanny pack circa 1991, or maybe a european carry all?

Yeah sorry first things that popped into my head...

But seriously, why do you take all of it with you. First, if you take the tomtom but leave the mount on the window, if someone want's to they're still going to break in. why are you taking the camera and the ipod with you? do you not have a good out of sight place to put them, glove box, console, under the seat etc. same with the faceplate too.

my faceplate goes down into my console when i'm not using it. same with the ipod. i've gotten to the point where if it's during the day and it's a quick trip into a store the faceplate stays in.

but yeah if you leave the window mount on that's asking for trouble.

I feel like an electronic geek when I step out of my vehicle.

Heh, you are an electronic geek! :D But not yet in the same league as these guys: http://www.forbes.com/2007/10/25/gadgets-sony-nokia-tech-cx_rr_1025meetgadgets.html

Greg Harper, co-founder of an invitation-only gear-inventors' soiree called Gadgetoff, had more buried in his suit than any man should including an audio recording system, a Wi-fi camera, a high-definition camcorder, a solar-powered portable Internet connection, a tiny Internet tablet, and a terabyte worth media hard-drive.

But seriously, I guess it has a lot to do with the kinds of places you park your car. I pretty much agree with twistrman - just hide the stuff somewhere. I take my cell phone with me, but it's small. When I take my TomTom out of the car it's usually just because I want to charge it. But I have it mounted down by the gearshift where it isn't so obvious. Now I wouldn't park the car on the street all night with it there, but I live back in the woods out in the middle of nowhere, so that's not an issue. When I go into the city I usually park in a garage, and at the shopping center I'm rarely away from my car more more than half an hour.

But if you want a case, start by looking around at any of the big box stores in the camera and video games departments. They have some pretty nice stuff for $20 to $40.

Ask a Question