I don't have a map and can't download any other

TomTom Model(s)
Go 930
Hello!

My tomtom Go 930 is 2 years old. So 2 weeks ago I wanted, finally, to upgrade my map. I downloaded Tom tom Home and start searching for new "free" upgrades. Tom Tom Home found me a new European Map, since I live in Europe. I started downloading it but, as it was my 1st time I didn't know that I had to make a backup copy of my old map, so I didn't. After installing the new map and removing the old one, for not having enough space, I disconnected my equipment from the computer in order to "try the new map". There was a problem. I couldn't use my new map, because my equipment wasn't able to "recieve" or "read" that map due to old version or wahtever, I still today don't know. I wasn't even able to open it. After that I couldn't understand what happened, and why will Tom Tom home show me a new map If my equipment can't recieve it. After that I deleted that "new map" and wanted to restore the old one, but my computer turned off... forever. Yesterday I finally recieved a new computer. I installed tom tom home and now he doesn't show me any new map. So actually my Tom Tom GO 930 doesn't have any map. Pls help me recieven a new map or at least the old one I had.

Thanks.

Your TomTom GO930 will be more than 2 years old -- perhaps you've only had it two years, but it's been MUCH longer than that since they were manufactured.

OK - big questions here:

Have you ever created a backup of your unit either manually or using Home?
Home should not have 'found' you a new European map. They're not free.
Please look in the following folders and tell us all that you find:

My Documents / TomTom / HOME / Download / complete / map
If you have successfully downloaded a new map at some time, it will be there.

My Documents / TomTom / HOME / Backup / GO
If you have ever used Home to make a backup of your unit, there should be a folder there called Backup01

Hello!

1st.- Have you ever created a backup of your unit either manually or using Home?
R: No, never.

2nd. Home should not have 'found' you a new European map. They're not free.
R: I wasn't explicit, I'm sorry. I wanted an "updated map". :)

3rd. Please look in the following folders and tell us all that you find:
R: All of them are empty.

There are two things that you can get from TomTom.

1) An updated full map (almost 2GB in size)
2) A small incremental update to the map you already have

One thing we know - you were not successful in downloading a full map - but that would not be normal in any case.

With your unit connected to Home, and pretending that your 930 is just another external drive (like a thumb drive), look in the root directory of your 930 for a folder called "Western_Europe" or "Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB" or similar name. Let us know if you find this folder. If you do, look inside that folder for files with names like cline.dat and cnode.dat and tell us if they are there.

Ask a Question