I can't get Navcore 8.3 from home

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1535
I have tried everything and I still can't get the new navcore to show up on home. I have a Go 720 and the newest version of Home. Any suggestions?

I have tried everything and I still can't get the new navcore to show up on home. I have a Go 720 and the newest version of Home. Any suggestions?

To be offered 8.3, you first have to have 8.010 on your unit. Is that the case?

i DO have 8.010 right now. I also can adjust the slider on the map share corrections AND I haven't had any map share corrections in months. I also can't keep the share anonymous statistics checked either.

In another list some posted that after shaking maps and stuttering TTS they reverted to 7.xxx.
Went through HOME and had no more problems after installing 8.3 for the second time.
Can't say which models as I do not pay too much attention once I ge the the point of 7.x

I wouldn't worry about it too much. From what I've seen about the problem with stuttering, it's ONLY happening to x20 owners (like us) with firmware 8.3.

I may be reverting back to 8.010 as well........

I wouldn't worry about it too much. From what I've seen about the problem with stuttering, it's ONLY happening to x20 owners (like us) with firmware 8.3.

I may be reverting back to 8.010 as well........

How can you roll back the driver?

If you are still on 8.001, have Home "copy to computer" so you can easily reload it in the future. You would simply delete the newere application 9like 8.3) and nave have Home copy 9install) it back.

If you are on 8.001 and not having problems, from what and why do you want to "roll back the driver"...?

Note - if you want to still get 8.3, AFTER you have copied 8.001 to your computer, you could delete the application from your device, and after booting up, Home should offer you a series of updates - probably through 8.3.

If you have any problems, you can delete whatever the application is loaded and reload the 8.001 you saved.

Last edited:
I'm getting the same stuttering issue with my 930.

Plus, lost the ability to transmit directions via FM to radio. The option is gone. Any help with this? I've only had the unit for a couple of months. Thought I had the controls figured out, but I may have missed something that will turn it back on again.

Plus, lost the ability to transmit directions via FM to radio. The option is gone. Any help with this? I've only had the unit for a couple of months. Thought I had the controls figured out, but I may have missed something that will turn it back on again.

if you loaded 8.3, posters have said it eliminated the FN radio option above. It also sounds like it has produced the stuttering issue for so (not on mine yet). My app is 8.3 (9732/081030) and OS 244890 and map version 810

Last edited:
Not excited about that. I need to work through your guide to rolling back then. Is it really as simple as you put it?

It is easy IF you had copied 8.001 back to your computer with Home. Take a look at the "Items on Your Computer" under "Load Maps, Traffic, etc." to see If you have 8.01 on your computer. If you do, simply delete 8.3 with Home, disconnect from the computer and let it boot up. Reconnect, and reload 8.001 with Home from the above location.

If not, you can still delete the application and then have Home reinstall the applications one step at a time with Home - but I am not sure if 8.001 will be an intermediate step in the process.

I think it is, as dhn said you have to have 8.001 to be offered 8.3, but i am not sure.

Got it reverted, and got FM transmit feature back. Happy again. :)

I had saved the prior version, guess this is another instance to prove the need to backup everything! lol

Thanks and GL all.

Last edited:
i DO have 8.010 right now. I also can adjust the slider on the map share corrections AND I haven't had any map share corrections in months. I also can't keep the share anonymous statistics checked either.

I Had read some ware that TT was coming out with a newer version of the 8.30 App on Thursday of this week.

It wasn't offered to me this is AM so this is what I did.

Using windows Explorer I created a new folder then with explorer I moved everything from my internal memory on my unit to the new folder (Leaving the internal memory blank)

Then in Home I went to remove items from my computer and deleted the application.

I then did a Pin reset and connected back to Home and was offered 7.XXX application .
I D/L and installed it did another pin reset logged back onto home and then was offered 8.30 APP.

This will require me to reinstall maps etc.etc.

I haven't checked it yet to see if it is an improved version or not, will advise later.
Follow up :
Just checked and it is the same verson of 8.30 I had on there ( 9732/081030 ) OS 244890

Last edited:

REALLY!!!!!!!!???

You are the first poster with an x30 model that I've seen in all the forums that I frequent , both here and in the UK, that is reporting the stuttering. EVERYBODY else (and there are lots) has a x20 model.

REALLY!!!!!!!!???

You are the first poster with an x30 model that I've seen in all the forums that I frequent , both here and in the UK, that is reporting the stuttering. EVERYBODY else (and there are lots) has a x20 model.

But aren't the 920 and 930 really identical with the same maps and applications installed ?

That is why I got a much cheaper 920 and used MG for 810 maps (then of course 815 came out a month later).

You would think, same processor and all, but it seems, or seemed, that the stuttering was getting narrowed down to the fact that x20's use version 6.9 of Loquendo while x30's use version 7.

If the poster indeed did have a x30 and v8.3, then it's sorta like a 'eureka' moment, I guess.......

Ask a Question