I am in the Uk on 02 network and need help with my Tomtom 720

Hi all

I know it is a long shot as i am in the Uk. I have just got a new Blackberry Bold 9000 and it all worked fine with my Tomtom until last wednesday. My tomtom turned off and i have been unable to get the data connection back. I have deleted the phone off my Tomtom and the tomtom off my phone and tried to pair them up again. It works fine with the handfree part of the pairing. But when i try and do the data pairing side the bluetooth drops off and on and i go through the manual part and it does not pair up at all. tried allsorts. Can anyone help with this one or know the relevant setting to be able so solve this for the o2 network. Any help much appreciated.

simon

Don't know the O2 settings over here, but i have had similar problems with my paired blackberry and made the mistake of wiping the connection settings and setting them up again - only to find out that nothing was wronge with them - TT servers that handled data connections were down.

If you had it set up OK without using manual settings, I would give it another go.

First, do a pin (or button on some models) reset (we call it a "dhn" reset over here) of your TomTom, and also reset the Blackberry (pull the battery while it is on and leave it out for at least 25 seconds). If so, did the Bold install a new Device application version?

If so, it may have buggered the settings. Then you would have to decide if you want to roll it back. If not - try the above, and if not successful, call support over there to see if they are working on the server.

Don't know the O2 settings over here, but i have had similar problems with my paired blackberry and made the mistake of wiping the connection settings and setting them up again - only to find out that nothing was wronge with them - TT servers that handled data connections were down.

If you had it set up OK without using manual settings, I would give it another go.

First, do a pin (or button on some models) reset (we call it a "dhn" reset over here) of your TomTom, and also reset the Blackberry (pull the battery while it is on and leave it out for at least 25 seconds). If so, did the Bold install a new Device application version?

If so, it may have buggered the settings. Then you would have to decide if you want to roll it back. If not - try the above, and if not successful, call support over there to see if they are working on the server.

LOL... :D Good One!

Ask a Question