I am actually happy with my Rider 2.....

I have had my Rider 2 for about 6 months now. I have used a hand held Magellan for many years geocaching and some navigating and know pretty much all the ins and outs of gps navigation........I used the Rider for a trip to Canada from Spokane Wa, have used it going a lot of places here and there and found it to be a very good nav tool.

The ONLY problem I have had was the phone connection. Everything worked fine but about 45 seconds into the call the audio from the other end would drop off. Connection was there but I could hardly hear the other person. I sent the unit in and they replaced it. Problem fixed!!

I am new to this forum and did read a few things but time hasn't allowed me to do a lot of reading. I do have some things to say from what I have read..........

I hooked up my Rider to the 12 volt ciggy power outlet on my dash. Works great. The mount is fantastic and I am very happy with the Ram setup. I have pulled the Rider from the slide mount many many times with no problems. I like the way it uses the pins instead of tabs. As I posted on a reply to one issue, the "operate my rider" doesn't work with the current version of Home. They are aware of it and are working on it. Yes it would be nice but not a big thing. I did find out that there is a 2 gig limit on the chip you can use unless you can find a bigger one that isn't HC or HR type. The unit doesn't work with the faster type chips. Just the plain jane 2 gig is ok.

Time to turn my bbq. I'll be back when more time allows. I know the Rider 2 inside and out, have some really neat things to talk about with my experiences with tech support and what they sent me instead of what I needed. :)

Venture Rider

Great to have you join us Venture Rider.
I have recently returned from my month long ride through California and found the Rider 2 to be a wonderful travelling companion. I certainly won't be riding in another country without it ever again. I was amazed how relaxed I was about heading off down the freeway with no worry about how I was going to find the address I was wanting to get to ..... even in L.A. It was particularly nice having the voice in my ear reminding me to stay on the Right Hand Side of the road ..... we are LEFTIES here in New Zealand.

PC

Good to hear bout your Rider2. I have had mine on my bike for 2 years and about 75,000km without a hitch. My first rider crapped out and was replaced on warranty. I have had no issues since. It has a few glitches, but they all seem to have a minor thing or two, but overall very satisfied with my Rider2. Infact, my riding pal has a zumo450 and wishes he had bought a Rider. Mine is connected to my Blackberry phone and Scala Rider Q2 multiset and works nicely.

Cheers!

Hi Pacific.
Check whether you have option to remind you to stay on the 'Left'. Mine and I think most of other non-Rider do have thta option.

You are correct lec. I set it to RIGHT reminder while riding in USA as I am used to riding on the LEFT.... I tell you, it came in handy on a number of occaisions!!!

PC

Ask a Question