HWY EXITS - Test POI (beta 1.0)

TomTom Model(s)
TT 1 (NE)
After doing some research/work :eek: I came up with this little ditty. :D See how it fits into the grand scheme of things and we can go from there. :)

BTW the info was gleaned from the NYS THRUWAY web page!;)

ATTENTION: THIS POI IS ONLY FOR TEST/REVIEW PURPOSES!

Attachments

• HWY EXITS.zip
    730 bytes · Views: 391
Awesome!
Where did you compile the information from?

Pedro, I took the info from the NYS THRUWAY web page.

One problem that I see already is that while major interstates - NYS THRUWAY (I-87), NJ TURNPIKE (I-95), PA TURNPIKE (I-76), MASS TURNPIKE (I-95?), etc. may have info available on a web page, local highways such as: LI EXPRESSWAY (I-495), SI EXPRESSWAY (I-278), WEST SHORE EXPRESSWAY (Rte 440), etc., at least here in NY, do not have that luxury.

I do believe a lot of highway familiarity, driving routes and recording info, research and local highway lore will be the order of the day in most cases. While we may be able to locate exits on roads using GOOGLE EARTH, we can't tell what info the exit signs have posted on them and we all know the importance of good information!

Mike L.

Glad it worked for you Tommy! :) So far you're the only one that's tested it and reported back to the Forum with any results. ;)

ML

Ask a Question