HTC Touch Pro and Navigator 6

Has anyone been able to get Navigator 6 to work with the HTC Touch Pro? I have been able to get a Touch Diamond to work, but no the Touch Pro. If someone has been successful if you could share the secret that would be great.

Thanks

Navigator 6 working on HTC Touch Pro

Hi mcdata

Just got it going.

Start
Settings
System
External GPS

Programs tab - select COM4
Hardware tab - GPS hardware port = (None), Baud rate = 4800
Access tab - Check the box for "Manage GPS Automatically"

Hit OK

Then open TomTom

Touch the signal bar then the signal bar again

OR

Go to Preferences then Show GPS status

Hit - Configure
Select - Other NMEA GPS receiver
Ensure the baud rate is set at 4800
hit Done
Select COM4:

Job Done.

Don't phone Tom Tom support they tell you that you can't do it and it's not compatible!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
www.comology.co.uk

Tomtom 6 on Sprint HTC Diamond GPS not working.....

Hi Robbiedore, :)

I'm new to this site as I was looking for a solution for the Tomtom 6 Navigator i just installed on my Sprint HTC Diamond 6.1 WM o/s. :(

I followed your instruction on how to activate the internal GPS chip on the phone BUT THIS DID NOT WORK. :(

I'm really at a loss as I bought this phone specifically for the built-in GPS chip in it, thinking this will work with Tomtom6. :eek:

Add to that i paid $100 for a new Tomtom6 DVD software license as well. :(

SPRINT technical support tells me i need to get on their internet data plan for the GPS to work with Tomtom.

Is this true? Also, the google maps software is unable to find a GPS fix without an internet connection.

Looking forward to your assistance or inputs!

Thanks! UserJR

Hi Robbiedore, :)

I'm new to this site as I was looking for a solution for the Tomtom 6 Navigator i just installed on my Sprint HTC Diamond 6.1 WM o/s. :(

I followed your instruction on how to activate the internal GPS chip on the phone BUT THIS DID NOT WORK. :(

I'm really at a loss as I bought this phone specifically for the built-in GPS chip in it, thinking this will work with Tomtom6. :eek:

Add to that i paid $100 for a new Tomtom6 DVD software license as well. :(

SPRINT technical support tells me i need to get on their internet data plan for the GPS to work with Tomtom.

Is this true? Also, the google maps software is unable to find a GPS fix without an internet connection.

Looking forward to your assistance or inputs!

Thanks! UserJR

Robbie... What sprint tells you is not true. TomTom Navigator 6 works for me with the Cell Phone Radio off (I also have a Touch Pro).... you do not need data for a standard GPS signal Lock.... perhaps for Assisted GPS.

Hi mcdata

Just got it going.

Job Done.

Don't phone Tom Tom support they tell you that you can't do it and it's not compatible!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
www.comology.co.uk

Works perfectly with Sprint Touch Pro as robbiedore instructs. I had an existing license from my old Palm phone, and now to be able to use TomTom with an internal GPS is very cool.

Now if they would just release Navigator 7, and actually support it, I would be happy.

>>Now if they would just release Navigator 7, and actually support it, I would >>be happy.

and I assume by support, you mean make maps available?

I'm sooooo frustrated with TomTom. I have Navigator 7 that came pre-installed on a Vodafone branded HTC Touch Pro, 1yr contract from the UK. I got it unlocked with I moved to the US and run it with an AT&T SIM when here, and the Vodafone SIM in the UK and Europe. In the US, I activated TomTom 7 which works fine.

I was prompted to download my 1-free US City, and chose where I live. However I cannot get any other maps for the US for it. I was happy to buy the US Maps for $69, but no can do for the US. Can buy for everywhere else in the world, but not the US.

TomTom support says Navigator 6 will work on the phone but they don't sell it; the Navigator 6 maps will not work with Navigator 7.

So this is a lose, lose situation. I can't spend money on maps for a device I legitimately own/bought; I can't buy software even though I'm willing to... so I started looking on the Internet for a download web site... sigh.

I believe Nav 6 maps will work on the 7, but not the opposite. Generally older maps work on new apps. Check with TT support to be sure.

Also search this forum - this has come up before.

I believe Nav 6 maps will work on the 7, but not the opposite. Generally older maps work on new apps. Check with TT support to be sure.

Also search this forum - this has come up before.

Here is my entire exchange with Tom Tom support, they clearly state that the Navigator 6 maps won't work with Navigator 7. So, I gave up on Tom Tom yestday. I built a new ROM for my phone that doesn't waste the space for TomTom and will get buy with Google Maps.

If I do find a bootleg version of TomTom 6 and US maps I may try installing, but at this point, I doubt it. I guess I'm done with TomTom, lost customer...

Subject
I'm really frustrated, I've just been trying to buy online maps for the USA, ...

Discussion Thread
Response (ST Thomas La) 12/23/2008 03:22 PM
Dear xxxx,

Navigator 6 maps will not work with Navigator 7. There are US cities available for the free city map that Navigator 7 users get, but no country or regional maps for North America compatible with Navigator 7.

With Best Regards,

Tom
TomTom Customer Support
Customer (xxxxxx) 12/23/2008 03:18 PM
But that can't be true. If you don't have any USA Maps for Navigator 7 how did you let me register the device and download a single city, Austin TX ?

Can you tell me if the Navigator 6 maps will work for the USA??
Response (ST Thomas La) 12/23/2008 01:24 PM
Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Support regarding USA maps for your phone. We are always happy to help.

We currently do not have maps of North America available for Navigator 7. We do not have any information on when they will be released.

Thank you for choosing TomTom for your navigation needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST or Saturday, 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Tom
TomTom Customer Support
Customer (xxxxxx) 12/22/2008 03:36 AM
Oh yes.... and my frustration is further complicated by the fact your menu system for asking questions doesn't even include Navigator 7, hence this question was filed under Navigator 6.

I have attached a screen shot of your web site offering me maps for everywhere EXCEPT USA
Customer (xxxxxx) 12/22/2008 03:27 AM
I'm really frustrated, I've just been trying to buy online maps for the USA, or at least the SW USA and failed.

I have moved from the UK to Texas. I have a Vodaphone

I've spent 45-minutes download and installing the latest version of TomTom Home on my PC, that had me download an update to TomTom Navgator 7.9

After downloading, rebooting my phone, uninstalling the earlier version of my Storage card, installing the newer version, connect it to my PC and waiting for ToTom Home to start, which it does. It prompts me to select either the phone or the storage card(I've tried both).

I am able to do anything EXECEPT buy maps. I can download voices etc. but when I try to buy a map it gives me no choices to buy anything. The only map I have for the US is Austin, TX where I now live and that works fine.

When I go to the Map shop online via a web browser, it offers me maps for almost everywhere EXECEPT the USA.

PLEASE HELP! I am planning to go away on Tuesday and would rather use TomTom than Google Maps but can't if I can't buy it!

I seem to be having a different problem. I have set up my touch pro to just as specified and when I open tomtom, it simply says no gps device. What's weird is that I was able to momentary find 3 satalites before it indicated there was no gps device again. Any help would be greatly apprecianted. If it helps, I am using the Sprint HTC Touch Pro with navigator 7.

TomTom Navigator 6 sur HTC Touch Pro

Hi everybody,
Using your different suggestions, I succeed to make working TomTom6 in france with these settings :

Settings HTC Touch Pro
System
GPS Externe
Programs : select COM0
Hardware : GPS port = None, Bauds rate = 9600
Access : manage GPS Automatically

Settings TomTom
Preferences
Show GPS state
Setting
Select : Others NMEA GPS
Bauds rate = 9600
Connect GPS to COM0
Done

You put then the HTC Touch close to a window et you wait few minutes to get a signal.

Ask a Question