how to update external SD map

Hi I'm travelling to Europe this week and I have this Western Europe SD card, can anyone tell me how to update the map on the SD Card?

What model do you have? And is the Western Europe map you have gotten from TomTom?

Can you let us know what model of TomTom you are using, please? It doesn't hugely affect how you get a new map, but it makes a big difference to what map you can use (or whether you need a larger SD card. And it also makes it it a lot easier if we need to start describing exact steps through menus etc.

Secondly, did the map come on the SD card when the device was new, or was it a map bought on SD from TomTom or was it one that has been downloaded?

Basically, you can only really get updated maps from TomTom themselves.
It's possible to buy maps on SD card from some other sellers on Amazon etc. BUT BEWARE as it is almost impossible to find out how old they are this way.

I'd guess that 90% of maps are now DOWNLOADED directly from TomTom's website using the "Home" utility which you can also get from their website.

If you go to www.tomtom.com and click on the little flag in the top right corner you'll be able to switch to the specific website for your country. Then click on "Maps" in the banner at the top to go to their map shop.

Although you can buy a single map, it's actually often cheaper (or very similar price) to buy their "Update service" which is priced to bring your existing map up to date and then give you four (or sometimes 6) maps over the coming year or 18 months. So check both prices.

You will probably be amazed at how much it costs to update a map.... like most computing, the Sat-Nav hardware is cheap compared to the software (maps in this case).

Once you'ce checked out the prices, you can download and install the map using "Home" which you can get from here.

Any questions, just ask!

(15-0 dhn)

OK this is how it the whole thing go.

I'm travelling to europe this week, so i'm trying to update the map, my tom tom is go 360, and its internal map is Taiwan, I have bought extra SD Western Europe map.

I have updated via HOME and don't know why every time i update the language is Russian or something. so I try to find the language in option settings and look for the flag.. but can't find it. so i make a recover from backup and then everything is back to normal. I reupdate via home, and same thing still russian and can't find that language option.

so i make a hard reset 15s thing and 5 s power button, and it's back to factory settings, then i update and still russian.

So i'm thinking if i can just reset and update the SD western europe map stand alone.

OK got the language fixed after 5 reset, but now I can't buy the 76Euro map update after updating the bits and pieces, when I click on buy button no response.

I can see the recommended update map after updating system.

so how can i buy the map update for the SD card, I don't need to buy the western europe map again.

i think it is fixed now, thanks,
just to pay 67Euros and it has taken me a whole day to get this done. really not very user friendly and a pain.

Ask a Question