How to take a screen shot and upload it to your post

TomTom Model(s)
Go-920 App 9.465 Map N A 895.4438 C&W Europe 8.30 Magellan Explorist 710
It is sometimes easier to explain your situation with a picture.

With your TT unit connected to your computer and you would like to take a screen shot of a file or what is happening in home or something else here is a free program you can download to take screenshots.

http://www.howiesfunware.com/

Just look down the right side and you will see an icon for miscellanies software just click on it and download screen capture.
After it is installed you can go in preference and set-up where you would like to store your screenshots etc. etc.

The after you have your screen shot you can upload it to an Internet program like:

http://photobucket.com/

Then with your photo uploaded in your album below the picture you will see some options ( click on direct link) it will make a copy of the link .

Then you can past this direct link in you posting by using the little icon at the top of the page.
insertimage.gif

( you will have to do this twice as IE will give you a popup and you will be asked to temporary allow this site)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also explain on my website how to utilize the TomTom itself to make a screenshot of your TomTom....all you need to do is add one file to your TomTom and the upper left portion of your touch screen can be used to take a 'picture' of the image on your TomTom:

>> Screen Capture <<<

That is how I created crisp screenshots such as this:
custom_sound.gif

Last edited:
I also explain on my website how to utilize the TomTom itself to make a screenshot of your TomTom....all you need to do is add one file to your TomTom and the upper left portion of your touch screen can be used to take a 'picture' of the image on your TomTom:

>> Screen Capture <<<

That is how I created crisp screenshots such as this:
custom_sound.gif

Don't take me wrong I wasn't trying to slight your posting. dhn actualy walked me through doing it they way you explaine it but I found it quite tricky on my W-screen to get the screen capture to work and for those of us that aren't real computer savey Howeys Screen Capture is real easy to use and all you ned to do is have it open in the background and you can take a screen capture of anything not just when in TomTom by clicking your PriScrn button.

The one other thing is although the file you sugest making isn't big it does eat up memory on your unit.

Ask a Question