How to show the current street you are on

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
How to show the current street you are on

Another common question is how to show the street name you’re currently on. You can do this using 3 methods. The last method is the only way to navigate (choosing a destination) and show the current street name at the same time.

Method 1

(a). If you go to the Main Menu, the bottom left corner shows the current street name.

currentstreet.jpg

Method 2

(a). You first need to go to Main Menu | Change Preferences | Status bar preferences

statusbarpref.jpg

(b). Make sure Street Name is checked

streetname.jpg

(c). Now if you go to the main navigation window, without navigating to a destination, the current street name is displayed. When you drive, you will notice the street name will change to the street you are currently on.

dump711515698.jpg

Method 3

(a). Go to Main Menu | Change Preferences

changepreferences.jpg

(b). Safety preferences

safetypref.jpg

(c). Here you can choose either Enable or Disable safety lock (it doesn’t matter)

dump7386.jpg

(d). Here you can choose either Always or Above certain speed. Choose Always in this case.

dump7387.jpg

(e). Here are two screen shots. The first one shows when you haven’t chosen a destination, the other shows when you have chosen a destination.

dump711515707.jpg
dump711515708.jpg

Last edited:
nice writeup! I'd give you points but that message about spreading around points before giving you some more points popped up.

I gave him one from both of us.:D

Thanks guys.

Although I don't know if this will be useful anymore as the NavCore 7 screen shots have the option to show the current street.

Hopefully, when they release it to the older units, that option will be available to us.

Although I don't know if this will be useful anymore as the NavCore 7 screen shots have the option to show the current street.
Yes, that's true. V7 will display both
current street and next street in the navigator screen at the same time if you want it too.

Ask a Question