How to set correct date on Rider 2

TomTom Model(s)
RIDER V2
I have just been checking the trip statistics for the last ride I made and notice that the date for that ride is incorrect and today's date is incorrect. I tired the "Sync" in "Set Clock" hoping that that would sort it, but no luck. It appears that, although the time is correct, the day is always yesterday.
Anyone have any suggestions?

PC

Well, the time function is based upon its receiving a solid satellite signal. (Normally the 'sync' button doesn't even appear until there is a gps signal).

Try setting the time again when you do have a signal. Don't use the sync. Move off the time setting icon and then go back in. This time, do the 'sync'. Does that work?

Thanks for your reply dhn. I have tried what you have suggested with no luck. The date still remains as yesterday's date, even with a solid fix on several satellites. Maybe it is just because here we are the first across the date line? I checked it at mid-day (which is mid-night in Grenwitch) hoping that it would change then but it didn't. I will check it again at towards midnight here to see when it changes. Seems a bit odd that one can change the time, but not the date.

PC

I think there is a discussion somewhere on how the gps unit 'knows' what day it is.

Be that as it may, can you call NZ support:

0800 450 973
Monday - Friday:
09:00 - 17:30 NZT

and report back what they say, please?

Back again dhn
I spoke to TT support in New Zealand, though I think "Danny" was actually in Australia. After some difficulty explaining exactly what I was trying to rectify .... he kept wanting me to go Itinerary Planning for some reason?
First suggestion was to go to set clock and check that "AM" was set for the morning .... was correct on my Rider.
I was put on hold at this point. When "Danny" came back, he wanted to know if I had application version 7.907 installed. I advised that I had 7.901 as it is the latest version for the Rider. He quickly looked this up and came back with "oh so it is".
Finally I was advised to do a "reset factory settings", then to try removing my application and reinstalling it and if the fault is still not corrected, to reformat my SD card.
I asked "Danny" if I should do a "backup" before starting any of these proceedures to which he replied "oh yes, that would certainly be advisable".
I have done the back up and the "reset factory settings", but have yet to get back to it to remove the application and reformat the SD card .....
I will keep you posted.

PC

Ask a Question