How to reset/reinstall map with no backup avaible

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ Routes
Hi, I too have ran into this bull.... with the new map update not can fit onto my device, a XL IQ Route 2 GB

As the man I'am, I do not a any backup, but I cries af lot, especially now... :eek:

My problem is that the update didn't work. It just stopped updating, and I left it alone for about 1 day, before I cancelled the proces. It just came about halfway with the update, before it stopped, and then ever moved again within that day.

Unfortunelly, my device have no maps on it longer. When I start it, it says that here are no map, but in Windows I can see, that the device is filled with data. Home allso says it can't update because of not being enough room. So somehow the map may still be on the device, but it's not working.

I have emailed the support 4 days ago, but is still waiting on a response.

Prehaps someone in here can help me?

Look at the contents of your folder containing the map and can you see a file with the following extension:

.meta.dct

Is this in the folder or is it missing - Mike

The folder will be UK&ROI and it is on the device, use Windows Explorer to view the folders and files on the device - Mike

Okay, I have "Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB" which is allmost empty. In my logic it should be, as is was the original map, but now is to large to fit on the device. So I think it should be empty.

I allso have the new map, called "Europe_North", which has a lot of files in it. Including the a file called "Europe_North-161.meta" but no file with the meta.dct extension.

But I may have found it on the computer. It seems that I have to document folders in Windows 7, which may be because I didn't move all documents shortcuts on the OS. In the original I found a TomTom folder in which I have a Europe_North zipfile and and activation zipfile container a file called "Europe_North-161.meta.dct"

Prehaps I can move that on to the device and get it to work?

Unzip the file "Europe_North-161.meta.dct" to your "Europe_North" map folder and assuming all the other files are intact in the right place the map will work - Mike

Unzipping it didn't work... :-(

But I moved the old map from the device to my computer, and reinstalled the new map, and that seemed to do the trick. So I'm happy now and making an backup of the device.

One thing that I noticed after I got the Europe North map installed is that I can still get Europe South, West or East, and from what I can tell from Home, at least one of the other maps can fit on the device. Can that be true?

Ask a Question