How to Renew LIVE Services?

@canderson, good idea on moving the thread. Thanks.

@mvl, I just tried it, and it worked for me (I got a "Script Error" the first time, but I tried a second time and it worked) as you described. I don't have the email yet, but I can see it added 14 days to my expiration date. Awesome. Thanks for passing it along.

I got my email immediately. Are you sure it's not in a spam folder somewhere?

For any other GO LIVE 2535 owners, I can now confirm that the web site fix is in place and working. See the above post from @mvl for details. I have since received the renewal email and I have completed the renewal process. Case closed!

Well, perhaps I was a little too quick on "Case Closed"!

It turns out that even though I completed the renewal process my subscription has NOT been extended. For reasons I do not yet know, even though American Express approved the renewal charge TomTom did not actually submit it for payment. The support information in MyTomTom account shows the order is "Payment In Process". After two calls to TomTom and one to AMEX, the ball is back in TT's court. My subscription is out in 6 days...more to come...

I'm wondering if any other GO LIVE 2535 owners actually got their LIVE subscription?

I just tried calling CS, Sat 23 June 09:30am, from USofA EDT and they requested I call them back at there regular business hours - They did not say what the regular business hours and days are or what time zone. What A-holes.

I can't comment on their hours, although I was under the impression that they did provide Saturday support.

But I realize I never did update this thread on the outcome of my renewal. Here's how it ended:

I called Support when I had two days remaining (5/16/12) and spoke with a 2nd-level person who manually triggered the renewal. My credit card was charged at that time, but the charge date was 4/26 (amazing!), which was the date I actually completed the renewal process.

I'm not really clear if the charge would have been posted automatically on the day my subscription would have expired or not, but I can tell you that i wasn't short-changed any of the service days to which I was entitled (including the 'free' days they gave me when I couldn't renew.)

So now I can really say "case closed" and although it was an extremely frustrating, time consuming, and exhausting mess, it had a happy ending. That said, I would not do it again, nor would I recommend it. I'm simply worn out from the experience.

The TomTomForums folks on the other hand are awesome! I would have been lost without the help I received (as I said in my prior posts, above.) TomTom is very fortunate to have such passionately committed users. If TomTom is able to recapture the level of product excellence they used to own they would be far more successful.

Ask a Question