How to read speed limits from map browse

All, I use an XL Classic. I just made a map speed limit change, from the errant 30 on device to real 50 and uploaded it on TT site.

I would like to view the speed limits on selected roads during a map browse. Is this possible? So I can check I did it right without going out in the car to check....

nooob

Don't think Browse map shows it but try a demo route including the new speed change area and see if it shows up

Do a demo that includes the road where you made the change. See what shows at the bottom of the status screen as you watch the demo. Does it show the wrong speed limit or the correct one?

thanks

I had done a demo, I gave up as it only diplayed a simulated car speed and no speed limit - however on revisiting, this was only true for the first few small roads where I live, when the demo got onto bigger roads it then displays speed limits too. Thanks
The section I altered was 30mph, I modded to 50moh, it does however come up 49mph as a limit?

Ill redo it and try a last time.

Thanks again

I'm afraid what you are seeing (49 instead of 50) is a bug in the application that hopefully will get fixed with an update soon.

enter 50 displays 49

Having made an alteraition to a local speed limit (was 30 should read 50) I have entered 50.
If I look at this road on the Demo - the speed limit now shows 49

Ive reset this more than once and it shows 49 ? all other limit along the demo route look good eg 40 60 70 etc
loosing the will, 49 is closer to 50 I guess.

It doesn't matter which speed limit your are entering as a change, there is a bug in the current software that messes up the entered value - You are doing nothing wrong but the software is incapable of displaying the value you enter - something to do with KPH/ MPH conversions and rounding errors that creep in as I recall - Mike

The bug has been fixed in application 8.350 and later.

Given how old the ONE Classic is, I'm doubtful that Tomtom will release another application update for it, so you may be stuck with the bug.

Ask a Question