How to put Navigator 6 and U.S. maps in an iPAQ

TomTom Model(s)
910 w iPod & Razr connections
The question involves the procedure, and not in great detail: what you buy and in general, how you install TomTom software to the device.

The brother of my son-in-law is on an extended visit from Israel. He has an iPAQ 5940 model with Navigator 6.1 and a map of western Europe loaded. He needs U.S. maps. From his research and mine, it appears that he needs:

-- a Tomtom DVD of U.S. (and maybe Canadian) maps
-- a mini-SD card and
-- a USB 2.0 card reader.

He will install the maps (and updated software?) on the SD card, insert it in the PDA and be ready to go. Is it that simple?

He'll have to purchase the maps for the US and Canada or at least by regions if he's not travelling the whole continent. As for installing, this is done either via TT home or via a small install program that comes together with the maps. The US and Canada maps requires at least 1GB of space.

So he uses TTHome to install the US-Canada maps on, say, a 2gb SD card via a card reader, then inserts the card in the iPAQ?

Your answer indicates that there are regional maps available for use in a PDA, but I don't see that option on the TT site.

It seems to offer three choices for PDA owners: two of them including the sale of a GPS, one with a DVD, the other with a preloaded card if my memory is correct, and the third choice consisting only of a DVD of US and Canada maps.

Ask a Question